• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Picked up an ambush saddle

Mtnbuck

Just got another trophyline saddle...i now have a neoprene and the newest to me the ambush,I need a tether for the ambush and was wondering if anyone has any made up they would part with for a price...preferably with ropeman 1...i currently have one setup with it and love it ...bought it from a member on here,if not can someone give me some tips and techniques on making one or a few of my own....such as what rope and diameter should I use for the tether...what diameter for the prusic knot?any place I can order any length instead of the bulk amount?

My tether is predator static rope 11.4 mm with a figure 8 knot and a stopper knot. You can get the rope from Wesspur at 0.95 cents per foot.Order at least 10 feet or more for a 6 foot tether because knots take up alot of rope. If you use a ropeman 1 then you could skip the prusik or you can use it as a backup. 8mm prusik cord which you can also get from Wesspur. I would definitely get a few ropeman 1 for your tether and one for your linesman belt . Hope that helps.

Just got another trophyline saddle...i now have a neoprene and the newest to me the ambush,I need a tether for the ambush and was wondering if anyone has any made up they would part with for a price...preferably with ropeman 1...i currently have one setup with it and love it ...bought it from a member on here,if not can someone give me some tips and techniques on making one or a few of my own....such as what rope and diameter should I use for the tether...what diameter for the prusic knot?any place I can order any length instead of the bulk amount?

I might have an HSS safety line laying around. It won' have a Ropeman on it and it's' not the best option out there but, it will work fine as a tether. If your interested I can meet up with you, your from Frostburg, right?

Back