• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Picked up an Oneida Eagle bow

ADKMtnTrapper

Good mornin ladies and gents!

Ive had a busy summer and havent had much time for saddle shenanigans but now that deer season is only 2 months away im starting to reorganize my priorities! So i wanted to share with you guys this relic i just picked up last night.

e73e1dac4a8a17498c7dfbfabf1027b3.jpg

Its in good condition needs a good tune up but not bad for 60 bucks! I did a lil research online and they are selling on ebay for 150 to 175.

Does anyone on here have one or has had exp with them?

For now im going to use it as my bowfishing rig but as smooth as it draws i might take it out deer huntin to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You'll find out that your Oneida is going to be very smooth and easy to shoot. You'll have to get used to the wooden screen door slam that it imitates when you shoot it. I've owned numerous Oneida Bows and loved them all. You just can't and won't find a more shootable bow...sorry Elite !!! You can find a quieter, faster and possibly more accurate bow but will not find a smoother more forgiving and shootable bow, period. Oneidas are very expensive and have very poor customer service. Meaning very few places can or will service them. I'm a Michigan resident so I could simply go to there shop for service an hour away. I now own an Elite due to Claude Pollington selling the Oneida company to Bass pro shops. There service still sucks. Needed parts and couldn't get them until the merger was complete. Took over a year so needed a bow. I love my Elite but it's no Oneida for shootability. Good luck. Buying them used is smart. Finding service won't be easy.

Re: RE: Re: Picked up an Oneida Eagle bow

Yooperhunter said:
You'll find out that your Oneida is going to be very smooth and easy to shoot. You'll have to get used to the wooden screen door slam that it imitates when you shoot it. I've owned numerous Oneida Bows and loved them all. You just can't and won't find a more shootable bow...sorry Elite !!! You can find a quieter, faster and possibly more accurate bow but will not find a smoother more forgiving and shootable bow, period. Oneidas are very expensive and have very poor customer service. Meaning very few places can or will service them. I'm a Michigan resident so I could simply go to there shop for service an hour away. I now own an Elite due to Claude Pollington selling the Oneida company to Bass pro shops. There service still sucks. Needed parts and couldn't get them until the merger was complete. Took over a year so needed a bow. I love my Elite but it's no Oneida for shootability. Good luck. Buying them used is smart. Finding service won't be easy.
Yeah im finding that out already... my upper limb is skewed slightly to the right. Ive tried to adjust things but its not coming over. I called around and found a guy who works on them but only has a few parts. He said it sounds like i need a new cable but its shootable. It definately gets the job done with carp

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back