• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform almost complete

Treehugger32

I spent the past couple days painting my platform and a few weeks playing with it. I think I got it just about where I want it. Ordered the rope I want for it this morning so the rope in the pics is not what I'll be using for the season. Just to give the run down on it I am using a sea to summit strap to hold it on the tree but like the rope it's not the one I will be using. I'm gonna order the 20 mm not the 10mm. The way I am securing it to cam it over is a blakes hitch on side with a stopper knot that will stay tied all the time and the other side is a 3 wrap with a double half hitch. It cams over very nicely and holds my weight fine. I tied the double half hitch with the platform down then took up the slack with the blakes hitch to cam it over.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 223
Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great. Why didn't you camp the LW standoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. Why didn't you camp the LW standoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The standoffs are xop and I have a buddy that is gonna mill them down a little thinner for me. Just gotta wait till he does that then I'll camo them.

Reactions: PJC
The standoffs are xop and I have a buddy that is gonna mill them down a little thinner for me. Just gotta wait till he does that then I'll camo them.
good idea. The standoffs on mine are the heaviest part of the whole stick. How much can you mill off of them and still keep them strong enough?

good idea. The standoffs on mine are the heaviest part of the whole stick. How much can you mill off of them and still keep them strong enough?
Some one told me on saddlehunter face book page that lone wolfs are 3/8 in thick so I'm gonna take them down to that right now they are about 9/16-5/8. I'm only gonna mill them where the teeth are not around the bolt hole. And I'm gonna take a little off too and bottom of the stand offs. And I agree with ya seems like they are the heaviest or at least the to heavy for my liking.

Reactions: PJC
Back