• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform for screw in steps

I was thinking about a cheap platform in place of a ROS. I actually don't mind them other than needing to adjust my feet more than I'd like. I remembered we used to use a small plywood rectangle with 6'' piece of steel angle slid over a screw in step for a seat back in the days of wooden stands and sitting in tree crotches. I had never seen something similar mentioned on the site as being tried so I made one from 3/4'' plywood and aluminum angle. Pretty simple really and it'd hold you small guys easily as I'm well over 300lbs. I plan on making one with a steel support as the aluminum has bent after 2 sits. It does move a bit side to side as you pivot around the tree but doesn't squeak after you break it in in the back yard for 10 minutes. Thought I'd share this as it's a cheap platform and is really comfortable on the feet and wallet. Those are size 14 boots for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    532.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5250.JPG
    IMG_5250.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5268.JPG
    IMG_5268.JPG