• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform hanging idea

parkersdad

I’m sure this has been talked about before but I’m going to post it for new guys trying to figure out their system. I have hunted off and on in a saddle since 2006. I started with the old trophy lines from back in the day. Anyway, I see lots of guys hanging their platform on the back of their saddle when going up. I have never liked this. Here is what I do. I have a lone wolf bungee that came with my climbing stands. When I get to my top stick, I wrap the bungee about 3 feet above where I want my platform. My platform is still on my backpack. I hang my backpack from the bungee and then strap the platform on the tree. After hanging the platform on the tree I step on the platform. Then I grab my backpack and move the bungee up to where I needed to hang for the day. I hope this helps someone if you’re wanting to try something different.

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpeg
    IMG_1768.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1769.jpeg
    IMG_1769.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 87
Back