• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

PLATFORM RECOMMENDATIONS

NYBowhunter631

SH Member
Hey guys I have a size 13 boot and I have trouble turning around on my predator platform to make off side shots. Can y’all recommend a bigger platform the doesn’t weigh a ton and won’t break the bank ? Thank you.

I've combated this two ways. Like phatkaw with the steps, or if you can drill I stick a bolt at 3 and 9 o clock positions platform high. Having an extra step helps a ton.

If you're climbing with sticks you can set your platform to where your last sick can be used as an extra step as well

Last edited:
I have a Ridge Runner that's pretty big.
I don't try to turn around on my platforms but I'm sure I could on that thing.

A ring of steps with your platform would help you get around the tree better than trying to turn around.
Thanks I appreciate it

I've combated this two ways. Like phatkaw with the steps, or if cou can drill I stick a bolt at 3 and 9 o clock positions platform high. Having an extra step helps a ton.

If you're climbing with sticks you can set your platform to where your last sick can be used as an extra step as well
Thank you

I am a 9.5-10 so can’t relate on boot size. But RZR Magnum feels really big to me and weighs nothing. I have no problem turning around and standing back to tree(if my toes hang off I’m not aware of it).
not a budget option…but if you’re looking for an excuse

I have a Ridge Runner that's pretty big.
I don't try to turn around on my platforms but I'm sure I could on that thing.

A ring of steps with your platform would help you get around the tree better than trying to turn around.
X2 for the RR. Size 13s and I can turn all the way around on it no problem.

Cruzr Seeker or Trophyline Onyx would be my choices due to overall weight (both 4.5lbs), plenty of foot room and angled sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back