• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform with steps

Kuenro02

Last year I built a platform with a xop seat. I'm using the system in which you cam over the seat to lock it into place with a strap. I'm curious, does anyone use steps on that same strap that you cam over the platform? I'm wanting a step on both sides of the tree in case a deer comes in from a different direction and I need to swing around the tree. Or do I need to carry a seperate strap with a few steps, in that case making the platform option not as appealing.

Last year I built a platform with a xop seat. I'm using the system in which you cam over the seat to lock it into place with a strap. I'm curious, does anyone use steps on that same strap that you cam over the platform? I'm wanting a step on both sides of the tree in case a deer comes in from a different direction and I need to swing around the tree. Or do I need to carry a seperate strap with a few steps, in that case making the platform option not as appealing.

I have 2 on my strap. I found that the closer to the upright you have the straps attached on your platform the better the steps stay put. Kinda hard to picture but my strap makes more of a C around the tree instead of a U. The straight sides of the U sometimes allow a little movement of the steps. But someone here might have more insight. Im still relatively new to the platform game.

52af36cf73709854f6d6a493b63c776f.jpg

This is what I do, and I think it is exactly what you are asking about. This is my go to set up. By far the best for me. I don’t always bring my platform depends on the hike, but when I do the strap has 2 ameristeps on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52af36cf73709854f6d6a493b63c776f.jpg

This is what I do, and I think it is exactly what you are asking about. This is my go to set up. By far the best for me. I don’t always bring my platform depends on the hike, but when I do the strap has 2 ameristeps on it.

Bingo! Exactly what I was thinking. Only problem, sounds like I have a slim chance of finding a couple ameristeps or pay a pretty penny!

Bingo! Exactly what I was thinking. Only problem, sounds like I have a slim chance of finding a couple ameristeps or pay a pretty penny!

Occasionally they pop up for $15 each but usually $20-$25 each.

I do have some Ameristeps and if I ever decide to sell I surely will let saddlehunter nation know. I plan on getting a predator platform soon and if I like it I might sell some steps.

Back