• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Playing Possum

Coyotes suck. Left a free meal laying there to raid another turkey nest next spring. That is an awesome video capture though.

A little back story on this buck. The night this buck was killed I was on stand and he came by me twice. I opted not to shoot him but I did take a picture of him with my phone. It's not a good picture but good enough you can see the small "crab claw" near the end of his left main beam in the photo below. It matches the "crab claw" on the dead buck well. I watched him chase does until it was dark. The next morning I was back on stand and upon leaving from my morning sit, I found him about 50 yards from my stand. That tells me he was killed during the night and the only thing I can assume killed him was the coyotes since there were tracks all around him and he was partially eaten. I found no bullet holes or arrow wounds in him.

November Buck 2023.jpg

November Buck 1 2023.jpg

Last edited:
Back