• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

[Poll] Kneepad, Treepad, bruises or lean?

How do you protect your knees?

• Kneepads

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • Treepads (pad attached to tree)

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • I tough it out w/a few bruises

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Neither ...bruises aren't that bad and I lean most of the time

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
I use a small piece of anti fatigue mat (3/4”) strapped with paracord to the tree. It’s extremely light and makes long hunts great again.

Other. I mostly lean, but on all day sits if my feet need a break I sit with one shoulder and hip to the tree. I hate knee pads. I built scaffolds for years and would rather kneel on duplex nails than wear them.

Can everyone see the poll at the top? Several comments, but no votes...

NEVERMIND: I hadn't voted lol. Now I can see them.

I use knee pads with a ros and tree pad with the predator.

I can't stand knee pads, hate the feeling of the straps around the back of my legs. I don't wear them at work either. On my practice hangs and hog hunting hangs i've been using a tree pad, but i dont use it much, mostly lean or if i do sit i prefer to straddle the tree.

Nothing for shorter hunts I lean the whole time. Bust out my yoga mat treepad for Oct 25th on when I mix in sitting.
I picked up a closed cell foam yoga matte for 1.00 at a garage sale. I was able to make 8 knee pads out of it. Looped parachord through the corners at top and bottom and tie it up around the tree. Works great.

I use my pack. Put a rain suit in the bottom and hang at the height that allows my knees to press into the rain suit. Got all my stuff right in front of me. Works best with a platform. I even strap the packs waist belt around the tree and cinch it tight. I can then put my knee into the padded hip belt when I want to lean out to shoot around the tree. Works perfectly.

Other: My pack serves double duty as my knee pad.

Been trying this too. My vest doesn't have a carry handle, so I've got 2 prussiks (connected to D rings on each shoulder strap using a S-biner) on 2 pieces of paracord hanging on my gear hanger. Lets me position the padding just right to line up with my knees, as well as level it out.

I hated knee pads. They cut off circulation. It was more of a relief to take them off at the end of the day. A pad would be much better but I guess I’m just used to nothing at this point

Back