• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Poor man's pacseat

Forgot to mention that the backpack is attached to the chair by a loop up underneath of the seat back.

Think tomorrow I'll poke holes everywhere throughout in the PVC extensions to reduce weight.
Infalt will come after you for those extra holes! :) Just a suggestion, but I would go with gorilla tape instead of the twine.

So…. I’m impressed by this and love the ingenuity but it really screams “my wife won’t let me spend 600 bucks on the real thing”

If you close your eyes, there will be no difference
Funny enough, I'm already 'in the line' to receive one from Dave. After we cut the check though, my DIY-brain went into engineering mode.

Replace the towel with a hazmore silent seat and I think you’re good to go.
I'm worried that that silent seat would be uncomfortable over time. Doesn't your butt get a grid pattern on it? Maybe it's a non-issue. Is there a different one besides the hazmore that is a solid fabric?

Last edited:
Vet wrap your pvc tubes then burn holes through the vet wrap... so your quick clips don't bang against them for silent set up. Ingenious job on that pac seat LAL BTW!!! Fashion a cloth camo cover to slide over the seat back rest and finish vet wrapping the steel part of the legs and that should be a silent killer!!

Why not just buy an ultra light camping chair from Amazon for $35?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm worried that that silent seat would be uncomfortable over time. Doesn't your butt get a grid pattern on it? Maybe it's a non-issue. Is there a different one besides the hazmore that is a solid fabric?

I’ve never used one. They’re all the rage with my buddies who use climbers. I think something like the Windwalker seat would work. Maybe some material from an old eno hammock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool idea.. You wantbto find some tranpoline fabric like tree lounge uses, it's light, breaths, and comfy.

Back