• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Post your 15mins of fame here. Seriously!

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Not a trap!

Just wanted to read/watch some examples of our members being in the news or got mentioned in an article somewhere. Doesn't have to be hunting related. If you won the county's line dancing contest, be proud of it and we are proud of you too!

If you want to promote your Youtube channel, do it! I know a few are media w---...umm...'influencers' (looking at you @Nutterbuster @Red Beard, JK). But maybe some members have channel but we just didnt know it. Here is a chance to get some more subscribers!

Brag about your kids, your pets, anything!

Here, I'll go first. Lived a pretty low key life, I never really wanted the spot lights. This is the only time my picture made it in any publication beside the yearbooks, my name wasn't even mentioned! Just part of the group haha. Still a very proud moment in my life, got to shake hand with the Secretary of Defense that day. Back row, center, Asian guy with the clear frame glasses. Article title is all fluffs, I basically told people to turn their computers off and on most of the time (yes, it does work 95% of the time).

Most famous I've been

That's a great article. Wow....crazy issue. Its sad that after all the tech and advancement we have, our first instinct to solve a problem is to bury it and hope it goes away.

kinda hunting relevant, a youtuber made an audio story of the creepiest thing Ive ever seen in the woods, maybe in my life. It’s a little corny but it’s what happened, time mark 21:15.

Awesome! is it out yet? give us link if it is. I like Pat McAfee and watch most of his show except for when it relates to Aaron Rogers.
I think it was 5 years ago when I was a junior in high school. I'll see if I can find it... Barstool is super protective of its property and doesn't let much out. I'll reach out to a couple friends who got hired onto Barstool when he went solo.

That's a great article. Wow....crazy issue. Its sad that after all the tech and advancement we have, our first instinct to solve a problem is to bury it and hope it goes away.
Alabama Power isn't hoping it goes away. They're not stupid. They're banking on it not causing issues until after they're no longer liable, and/or their liability not exceeding the cost of proper disposal.

It's the type of cold-blooded, short-term-profit-focused, shareholder-trumps-stakeholder thinking that causes so many issues. Not, "I didn't think this would screw you," but, "I knew better than you how much it would screw you, but I made money."

Companies do it all the time in Alabama. An EPA fine or cleanup cost is just the cost of business to folks like Alabama Power and Tyson. Pay up, host a cleanup or plant a few trees for publicity, and then lobby to reduce regulations next time in the name of "combating big government."

We're way past the point in history where we "didn't know."

Not a trap!

Just wanted to read/watch some examples of our members being in the news or got mentioned in an article somewhere. Doesn't have to be hunting related. If you won the county's line dancing contest, be proud of it and we are proud of you too!

If you want to promote your Youtube channel, do it! I know a few are media w---...umm...'influencers' (looking at you @Nutterbuster @Red Beard, JK). But maybe some members have channel but we just didnt know it. Here is a chance to get some more subscribers!

Brag about your kids, your pets, anything!

Here, I'll go first. Lived a pretty low key life, I never really wanted the spot lights. This is the only time my picture made it in any publication beside the yearbooks, my name wasn't even mentioned! Just part of the group haha. Still a very proud moment in my life, got to shake hand with the Secretary of Defense that day. Back row, center, Asian guy with the clear frame glasses. Article title is all fluffs, I basically told people to turn their computers off and on most of the time (yes, it does work 95% of the time).

Thank you for your service @HuumanCreed

Well I looked for the picture but couldn't find it. So story only.

Back in middle/high school I wrestled, I was really into it but not so awesome at it. But there was a guy in my conference that was an incredible wrestler and we happened to be the same size from 8th grade on. He was like #3 in the nation or something at our weight.

Anyway there was a picture of me getting tossed like a little B in wrestling USA, a nation publication, by that dude. If I recall correctly I was about to get tech'd anyway so I took a sloppy, desperate shot which he very effectively countered lol :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Good for a laugh hopefully!

I'm a custom stainless weld/fabricator for a fountain company... I've worked there a long time....most all the stainless work on those has had my hands on it.

I've made other cool things for other weld shops I've worked at but not real "interesting" like ships and huge cool industrial stuff.

We gotten some good contracts. Done stuff for lots of parks/memorials/university's/city and federal gov

At 1 point there was talks of "how it's made" tv coming to the shop but never materialized...I wouldnt sign the contract/paperwork stuff hehehe :)

Edit: that last bit makes it sound like me not signing stuff prevented it from happening but that isn't the case...discovery channel I guess figured out we weren't that interesting and cuss too much

Last edited:
Alabama Power isn't hoping it goes away. They're not stupid. They're banking on it not causing issues until after they're no longer liable, and/or their liability not exceeding the cost of proper disposal.

It's the type of cold-blooded, short-term-profit-focused, shareholder-trumps-stakeholder thinking that causes so many issues. Not, "I didn't think this would screw you," but, "I knew better than you how much it would screw you, but I made money."

Companies do it all the time in Alabama. An EPA fine or cleanup cost is just the cost of business to folks like Alabama Power and Tyson. Pay up, host a cleanup or plant a few trees for publicity, and then lobby to reduce regulations next time in the name of "combating big government."

We're way past the point in history where we "didn't know."
Deleted post, took the thread off topic.

Last edited:
Back