• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Practice setup

Pats1512

With the snow getting to a manageable volume here in NH I want to get a more realistic setup for practicing this year instead of just the tree in my yard with a few targets in the field. What does everyone here do for practice setup for shooting? I'm thinking of moving into the woods and cutting some lanes and setting up a few Glendal targets at different distances and shooting styles. I'd like to hear some ideas of what you guys do for practice setup that get you the most amount of practice from all positions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about the same, Camofire has some cheap triangle type targets every once in a while, I was thinking those. To really practice I think you need two people or 2 dozen arrows. I guess all the up and down would be great practice in its self.

Go to Walmart clearance! I did! I had 3 bags to shoot I’m down to 1. I will pick up a couple more here pretty soon and start practicing.
I practice from the upstairs bedroom window most of the time. But there’s no substitute for shooting from the tree

be393d182bc9ef4ad145d4d69dbb0bc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love to practice out of the web, but climbing to a good height each round takes the fun out of it. So I set a platform two feet off the ground on top of a hill behind the house and shoot down to the target. Than get my cadio going back in forth getting my arrows. Really helps for real shooting when the time arrives.

I love to practice out of the web, but climbing to a good height each round takes the fun out of it. So I set a platform two feet off the ground on top of a hill behind the house and shoot down to the target. Than get my cadio going back in forth getting my arrows. Really helps for real shooting when the time arrives.
Set up a ladderstand than connect the saddle at top

I usually scatter 4 targets around my yard and shoot one arrowat each.

Go to Walmart clearance! I did! I had 3 bags to shoot I’m down to 1. I will pick up a couple more here pretty soon and start practicing.
I practice from the upstairs bedroom window most of the time. But there’s no substitute for shooting from the tree

be393d182bc9ef4ad145d4d69dbb0bc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genius - Shooting out of an upstairs bedroom. It gets so hot in the south that I may just have to start doing this.

Back