• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

pre sets for SRT

Fgirtyman

SH Member
I am looking for help on setting up presets on private land. I’ve tried chain and paracord over limbs but most sets are on telephone trees…no limbs.
any help appreciated!. This community is so helpful for this old guy. Thanks in advance!

Try looking into a false crotch, NY saddle hunters have a YouTube video. Or on private could you use a screw in step or bolt to help hold something up on the tree? Sounds like you're wanting to rope climb

Are you dead set on SRT? If you're on private lands I say Grade 8 bolts setup are so much easier and doesn't cost that much each tree.

But simple nails at a downward angle around the tree is enough to keep the paracord from sliding down. Heck one nail would be enough.

Are you dead set on SRT? If you're on private lands I say Grade 8 bolts setup are so much easier and doesn't cost that much each tree.

But simple nails at a downward angle around the tree is enough to keep the paracord from sliding down. Heck one nail would be enough.
Some helpful ideas. I’ll work on your suggestions. I do 1 stick along with using a few traditional tree stands that have been on the property for years. I was worried maybe critters would chew up the short temporary tether. I’m probably going to try that approach. Thanks a million!!

Some helpful ideas. I’ll work on your suggestions. I do 1 stick along with using a few traditional tree stands that have been on the property for years. I was worried maybe critters would chew up the short temporary tether. I’m probably going to try that approach. Thanks a million!!

10 of these on a tree can get you up 18 feet. So basically $9 a tree.

I love preset paracords for SRT on public, but these are what I have in my backyard on all my practice tree.

10 of these on a tree can get you up 18 feet. So basically $9 a tree.

I love preset paracords for SRT on public, but these are what I have in my backyard on all my practice tree.
Thanks! I will check it out. I’m always open to fresh ideas.
Take care.

Back