• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator pack or day pack?

NickDanger

Now that I have a Predator pack on the way…for those who have or had a predator pack, did you like it as is or did you switch to a day pack? I have used a fanny pack for years to carry my water, snacks, grunt, thermacell etc. i considered a small day pack for my platform and migrate everything from my fanny pack to the day pack. I like the Slumberjack Spoor. I don’t need a big day pack but it needs to hold my regular stuff plus a tiny bit more and I planned on lashing the platform and sticks to the outside. Another possibility is lashing a MOLLE flat pack or MAP to the Predator pack. I have a 2000ci pack (SJK Hone) which is not big but unless I’m hiking a ways and need more gear I don’t want to use that pack. A small day pack (1000-1200ci like the SJK Spoor) or add a small pouch/pack to the Predator pack? Any input would be appreciated. I’m seeing pros and cons already for both but you guys may interject with something I have not thought of.

i used the predator pack well after i had a predator, i like them. plenty of room for my ropes and stuff in the main compartment, and i added on some small molle pouches for smaller items. or a spanker hydration pouch fits perfect if you need more space

Back