• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator: Some Assembly Required?

JBDaddy

In the email update I just got about Predator shipping, it's revealed Ernie's doing predator assembly prior to shipment. Yikes.

Uh, why? Does it take some special tool only he possesses? Seriously guys, is there a good reason not to save yourselves the grief - send a set of instructions in the box and trust that we can do it?

Just trying to save fingers, time, etc. Feel free to call me an idiot if it applies. :)

They are also waiting on straps.

Yep, I saw that. So I'm not solving world hunger with this idea (or better: making straps show up). But from the pics I've seen, there's basically 2 bolt/nut combos involved, along with some washers. I could do that, right?

Mines going to come apart right away so I can Cerakote it. You can send me the pieces.

I would like it built when it gets to my door that way you could take it out of the box and try it with out having to put it together. Good company have two things.They have good quality control and their products are assembled.

I have two words for you sir: "Lego."

J/k. :)
I would like it built when it gets to my door that way you could take it out of the box and try it with out having to put it together. Good company have two things.They have good quality control and their products are assembled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess there may be a liability issue letting us assemble them. I know some companies sell their treestands unassembled, but they also have a ton of lawyers at their disposal creating the instructions and who are waiting to deal with the idiots that don't follow directions.

I'm going to guess there may be a liability issue letting us assemble them. I know some companies sell their treestands unassembled, but they also have a ton of lawyers at their disposal creating the instructions and who are waiting to deal with the idiots that don't follow directions.

This.

So I haven't been following all the play by play, but I've had my eye on the predator platform. If I ordered now, what's the ballpark guess on if/when I'd receive it?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where do you buy cerakote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the guys I work with have a good stock of it. I think they might get it right from their website. We used to have a guy that was a dealer that worked with us.

So I haven't been following all the play by play, but I've had my eye on the predator platform. If I ordered now, what's the ballpark guess on if/when I'd receive it?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Check the web sight, I noticed last night they put a message as to about when they think they would be shipping new orders after the pre orders go out.

spray and bake. Need a spray gun though. Any of the good finishes you really need to mix yourself I've found...

Back