• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prusik Handle

There is a great video someone did showing the problem with using a ropeman at hunting height. Basically in order to move it down you have to take your weight off and pull the wire which means it now moves completely free. If you lost balance at that moment you would drop until you let go of the wire, which in a panic might not happen until you’re dead.

For me it’s not an issue because I use a RCH and a saddle with the saddle on a prusik and once it’s holding my weight I then let the ropeman down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is also why you should have a stopper knot at the end of your rope. That knot won’t go thru the rope man in the event of something bad as you mention. You’ll fall a bit, and may soil yourself, but won’t end up on the ground.

Some of you may already be doing this. I added a prusik above ropeman on my tether. It makes for a great, easy to adjust handle for when you need to pull yourself up to make an adjustment. Wish I thought of it before because it come in very handy. Pete

View attachment 21115

I can’t believe how high some of you run your tethers! I barely have enough room to fit my bridge most times. That’s with extremely short lengths on everything (prussics, bridge).

I can’t believe how high some of you run your tethers! I barely have enough room to fit my bridge most times. That’s with extremely short lengths on everything (prussics, bridge).
Just thinking the same thing (I had to go to an adjustable web bridge), im must be too short for a high tether and a stock bridge length. My friction hitch is almost always darn near touching the tree.

I have been thinking the same seeing people’s setups.....was beginning to think I am doing it wrong. I have my ropeman1 pretty much as high as it can possibly go. I like my tether about chest to shoulder height. Any higher and the saddle seems to ride up....

I do the exact same thing.....a little peace of mind.

Haha how about just clipping it into the carabiner so you dont die? No extra weight

I do clip mine into the carabiner, in addition to my Ropeman 1.

Haha how about just clipping it into the carabiner so you dont die? No extra weight

I run a prusik near the end of my tether that is hooked into the carabiner on my rock harness. I used a homemade sitdrag as a saddle.

I love a long tether. Very comfortable for me. I can lean or sit and it never feels like it is trying to pull me into the tree, nor do I get any pinch. Plus, and this is a big one, I can move all around the tree if I have to without getting pulled in too close to the tree. I feel the opposite of you, I can't believe how short some guys run their tethers. :)

I have been thinking the same seeing people’s setups.....was beginning to think I am doing it wrong. I have my ropeman1 pretty much as high as it can possibly go. I like my tether about chest to shoulder height. Any higher and the saddle seems to ride up....
I run mine about forehead height so I can slip my left arm under it if I need to turn my back to the tree to make an off side shot. Saw Earnie do it on a video with the hunting public guys and it works pretty slick to hold you up against the tree. Getting my size 13 boots turned around on the predator is a bit of an adventure though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just thinking the same thing (I had to go to an adjustable web bridge), im must be too short for a high tether and a stock bridge length. My friction hitch is almost always darn near touching the tree.

I’ve got monkey arms so my tether ends up hitched pretty high up!

Back