• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prusik Math?

justsomedude

Any good rules of thumb for how much cord you use for tying Prusiks?
I am making some beefy 9mm prusiks to try on 11mm assault line (looking for something that doesn't roll).

I used 48" to tie a double fisherman's knot with 2" tails and get a 3 wrap prusik with a decent sized loop to connect to.

I know it will be different for different sizes of cord.

2C728179-2CE7-4CC6-905F-0EC18E625793.jpeg After being stretched out....
I’m pretty sure it’s Bluewater 9mm accessory cord but it might have been Sterling. The 11mm is definitely Bluewater Assault

looks like perfect prusik to me.

May be easier to tie a loose over hand, work out your prusik length and then figure out what you have to add to the overhand for the dbl fisherman....shouldn't be but another foot ya think?

Man that looks good.
I can’t stand a prussic though. Got some Ropeman1’s and will never look back! I know, I should back it up, but I live dangerously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually just experiment before I cut it to length.

I have THREE Ropeman 1 now....I wanted a couple of prusik tethers for some of these alternate climbing methods where I don't need the adjustability and I can keep my Ropeman set up for SRT.

I'll have to actually hunt with this to see if I like it, but the stiff Bluewater Assault 11mm with the 9mm Prusik seems like it doesn't get stuck. I might try tying one prusik with Sterling HTP 9mm and see how it does. It is stiffer and slicker than my 9mm accessory cord.

Back