• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rain gear moisture management

Tknapp

I have HuntWorth rain gear. It has a brushed exterior and is windproof. I got it on sale for $100 for the set so the price is great. I had a hunt where i went in while it was raining and then rained on and off the rest of the night. My dilemma is, when I walk in, and all the moisture gets trapped inside the jacket. When I got set up, the inside is as wet as the outside while it was raining. I have FL base layers and the origin hoody, so I removed the jacket and wore my origin hoody and my base layers dried naturally but the inside of my jacket was wet for the rest of the night? How do I stay dry?

Following.
I have had the same issue. I currently use a Army poncho for that reason.

Gotta avoid working up a sweat as much as possible walking in. So a few things:
Don't zip up the jacket during the walk in/setup and lighten up with the other layers. If you got room in your pack, put the extra layers in there and put em on before you start to climb.

I have HuntWorth rain gear. It has a brushed exterior and is windproof. I got it on sale for $100 for the set so the price is great. I had a hunt where i went in while it was raining and then rained on and off the rest of the night. My dilemma is, when I walk in, and all the moisture gets trapped inside the jacket. When I got set up, the inside is as wet as the outside while it was raining. I have FL base layers and the origin hoody, so I removed the jacket and wore my origin hoody and my base layers dried naturally but the inside of my jacket was wet for the rest of the night? How do I stay dry?

What was the temperature? How far was the walk?

Oregonian here......you have to wear a polyester coat under your rain coat,and poly pants under your rain pants.basicly your normal weatherproof hunting gear with rain gear on top.there will always be condensation under your rain gear,but that little bit of moisture is nothing like the pooring rain itself.think bouble painged window to stay dry behind.

Back