• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rapelling with oplux

Sincyrman

I'm looking to jump on the oplux bandwagon, but have a few questions. Has anyone tried rappelling with oplux and a madrock safeguard? I believe the safeguard is rated down to 8.1mm. Does the .1 make a difference?
If not, is it possible to rappel using a 6mm friction knot such as a blakes hitch, or a distel hitch?
I'm done hunting for this year, so I have all winter to perfect a system, and would like to get it right. Intimate goal is to SRT up, attach a platform (probably a predator), and rappel down.

i got a set up for ya not the rope h want tho sterling 9mm

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm looking to jump on the oplux bandwagon, but have a few questions. Has anyone tried rappelling with oplux and a madrock safeguard? I believe the safeguard is rated down to 8.1mm. Does the .1 make a difference?
If not, is it possible to rappel using a 6mm friction knot such as a blakes hitch, or a distel hitch?
I'm done hunting for this year, so I have all winter to perfect a system, and would like to get it right. Intimate goal is to SRT up, attach a platform (probably a predator), and rappel down.

I just started rappelling with Oplux . I use a Kong a Chuy and auto block. Got everything from Eastern Woods Outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a few people that does. I’ve got everything I need but the Safeguard, it’s supposed to arrive Tuesday. I changed out my lineman’s belt as well with oplux.

Just search oplux and you’ll see alot of threads.

I’m currently 1 sticking and I’m going to repel down with a safeguard and oplux using a 35 cm Beal jammy as a backup.

Prussic for backup.
Distel for tether and linesman.

I was using the Madrock Safeguard, Lifeguard and a Petzl GriGri with Beal 8.0mm dynamic climbing rope and never had it slip. It always operated as it should.

Back