• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

really thin insole that comes big and you cut to shape yourself, or similar material to do from scratch?

raisins

SH Member
I just got a pair of Meindl comfort hunters in the mail. I like them but I have to wear a rigid custom half length insole or my knees hurt. If I put the insole over the existing insole in boots, then there's no room and it raises my heel too much. I popped the big cork insole out, and there is a staple pointy end sticking up enough to feel on both boots (so a feature not a bug) and my custom insole doesn't cover it. I know over time it will jab me and tear up my socks. But I want these boots to work.

If I can just cover the 1/32" staple end, then I should be good to go.

Can anyone think of something to use? I want something that will stay put, can be cut to the shape of the existing insole so it fits well, and won't take up much boot real estate.

Otherwise, I'll have to send them back.

Thanks - R

It might be worth calling them and seeing if they can send you a thinner insole that will fit perfect and will cover the staple.

Contact them and tell them to send you volume reducers. That will take care of anything you may feel on the bottoms. They are about 1/16” thick. I would suggest getting full length custom orthotics instead of half length. They work much better when putting a bunch of miles on and don’t take up so much vertical volume in the boots.

Contact them and tell them to send you volume reducers. That will take care of anything you may feel on the bottoms. They are about 1/16” thick. I would suggest getting full length custom orthotics instead of half length. They work much better when putting a bunch of miles on and don’t take up so much vertical volume in the boots.

thanks, googled

volume reducer insoles and found many hits

i was also looking at just sheets of various materials (such as neoprene)

Thanks again. I called today and they are mailing them out. Very smooth process, free and they had my order and details pulled up off my phone number from the call.

If those don't work for you might try Naboso insoles. Look like they could be uncomfortable, just the opposite.

Back