• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Replacement String and Cables Suggestions

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
I have a Mathews Triax that needs new cables and a string. It looks like a broken strand on my lower cable and timing has shifted. I plan on doing them myself though I never have on a compound

I briefly looked at 60x just because I remember someone talking about them. I’m not worried about spending more for a quality product.

What are some reputable brands you guys have used and would suggest?
1660136D-3E64-4FAF-864E-35B7B17A16D7.png

Check out Tom. You will get strings made by him and him only.

Facebook might be easier as he's extremely responsive. Just got a set from him for my V3X 33, they're totally custom to hit specifications. He's literally more OCD than I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABB in the Platnium series. Seen them go on a hundred plus bows. Couple shots, tune and you’re done. Recommend changing strings every two or three years. Two years preferably. Don’t buy junk strings, seen some crazy stuff out of them.

Check out Tom. You will get strings made by him and him only.

Facebook might be easier as he's extremely responsive. Just got a set from him for my V3X 33, they're totally custom to hit specifications. He's literally more OCD than I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the directness of this post. I’ll check him out too.

I'm very happy with my Catfish customs strings I put on my Switchback and would recommend using them.
I recently put new strings and cables on a friends Triax but he went with 60X and I was not impressed by the quality of them or how they were made. Could see they were inferior compared to the oem set I replaced.

I have put Threadz bowstrings on my last couple bows, good quality and customer service.

I've only had 60x and ABB. Initially was happy with each, but my ABB only lasted 2 years and I don't really shoot that much and take pretty decent care of them. Was not impressed at that, this offseason I'll be switching those to something else, probably 60x.

Catfish is the only strings I used (wish Mike does traditional strings too). Great customer service and work. GAS strings are also popular and a lot of pros shoot them.

I put a set of catfish strings on my first bow and then purchased a set for my second bow. I haven’t used any others but I also have no reason to switch

I’ve always used buckslayer but unfortunately he’s not making strings anymore. So, I went with gas based on the reviews. I only have about 200 shots through them but I’m not completely sold on them yet. Specs were off when they arrived so I had to get the bow back in spec, and I’m having peep twist that I’m having trouble correcting. If I order again it will be from threadz custom bowstrings.

I know every bow shop is different and I feel extremely lucky to have a top notch bow shop 10 min up the road. He makes his own which have been great for me but I know he sells others. I have heard nothing but good things about Catfish but no personal history with them

Mike at Catfish Customs is my favorite. He's responsive and available if any issues come up. Mike has made me over 20 sets and even kolorfusioned a bow for me, before he stopped doing that. I only had one issue which he resolved immediately.

Gas are good as well but there build times are generally a little longer than Mike.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

For the price you can’t beat 60x I shoot at least 2-3 times a week all off season and a minimum of 20 arrows each time and then I shoot everynight during the season and I hunt in any and every weather condition. My current Strings that I’m running are 4 years old and finally due to be replaced and I’ll be going right back to 60x!

Back