• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Riggers belt with Sit Drag?

Tjterry

What do you all think of using a riggers belt instead of a rock climbing harness with the sit drag?

Depends on your personal acceptable level of risk...

Some guys swear you have to have a fully rated rock climbing harness with a ropeman1 and a backup prussic.

Some guys would feel okay in a riggers belt

Some guys (like me) sewed a belt into their sit drags and go without any other backup at all...

Understand that if you do this, it isn’t as safe as it could be. But, it is also safer than nothing. It is both a good idea, and not good enough... if you catch my drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Rock climbing harness, mostly because of the lineman's set up I have. although I did cut my rigger's belt up and actually use it as my waist belt on my sit drag.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Here
b11302277a3a9e8c62046086eec0e10d.jpg

I like the idea of sewing it on. I've got a rc harness and a riggers belt. I'm just trying to cut down on bulk. I wear a belt anyways, so I thought I could wear the riggers belt and use it to back up my sit drag and get rid of the rc harness.

Only reason I cut my rigger's belt is because it got smaller somehow
I needed a belt for the sit drag, so I sacrificed it.

I think its a great idea. I think the seat of my britches will hold me up just as good as sitdrag. I tied the tail end of my tether with enough slack to be comfortable
582639c0f2ef2f6ccb9344703b4d0426.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Back