• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope adhesive

Ben C

I recently bought a replacement oplux with sewn eye from Latitude Outdoors. When I received it the rope didn't have shrink tube on the tag end. I emailed them about it and they said they were sorry and would send me a new one. They also said to send a picture to a couple email addresses for their records. I got a response from one of the emails and it said that batch had an adhesive on the tag end that holds up better than shrink tube. Anyone have any experience with an adhesive instead of shrink tube?

I recently bought a replacement oplux with sewn eye from Latitude Outdoors. When I received it the rope didn't have shrink tube on the tag end. I emailed them about it and they said they were sorry and would send me a new one. They also said to send a picture to a couple email addresses for their records. I got a response from one of the emails and it said that batch had an adhesive on the tag end that holds up better than shrink tube. Anyone have any experience with an adhesive instead of shrink tube?
I haven’t but I’m curious what this looks like. Can you post a picture of what you’re describing?

It looks and feels a little like super glue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-102150~2.png
    Screenshot_20220314-102150~2.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 23

I got two of those. Mine are the same. I hadn't really looked but figured it was a clear whip end dip. But usually that kind of whipping is like 3/4". Mine have much less. Is it epoxy?

So thery're having you return yours for new ones?

I don't think it's epoxy but I've been wrong before. No they're not replacing them which I'm fine with, but I'd rather have the shrink tube than adhesive.

Back