• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ROS storage\attachment

Dmathews87

need some better solutions for ROS management....just throw em in the pack and hang around my neck while i climb. anybody have ways to attach to saddle?

I keep 4 squirrel steps on an ocb wrapped tight & stuffed in the water bottle pocket right side.
ive never really liked the ocb buckle, through faults of my own im sure, it just never sets up the way i need it to and the strap slips or the steps fold over...

I sewed a small soft bag for them. The cinch strap that holds my sticks together also holds them tight for the trip in against my stick bundle. I wrap the steps strap around all of them to hold them quietly and I have a paracord loop on them to hang from my saddle on the way up and down the tree.

I run my saddle pretty much buck naked. However I still keep an empty Tethrd pouch hanging on the left side. I keep my ROS tightly wrapped in my backpack. Before starting my 1 stick climb, I will drop it into the empty Tethrd pouch until I reach my desired height and set it up.
On the way down I simply reverse the process. I did add a piece of shock cord ti to one of my steps to help keep my ROS strap wrapped up nice and tight while not in use.

I run my saddle pretty much buck naked. However I still keep an empty Tethrd pouch hanging on the left side. I keep my ROS tightly wrapped in my backpack. Before starting my 1 stick climb, I will drop it into the empty Tethrd pouch until I reach my desired height and set it up.
On the way down I simply reverse the process. I did add a piece of shock cord ti to one of my steps to help keep my ROS strap wrapped up nice and tight while not in use.

guess my problem with the pouch ideas is i already have a pouch on each side and no room in those for ROS...its not a terrible idea and i could probably replace the contents of one for the ROS if i really wanted to...

Back before I switch from the TreeHopper OCB to the EWO OCB I would just hang it around my neck since that ocb would stay clipped together.

Back before I switch from the TreeHopper OCB to the EWO OCB I would just hang it around my neck since that ocb would stay clipped together.
yeah that method works well enough, just one of those things i got to thinking the other day while going through my gear ''there's got to be another\better way''

If you arent already using a bino chest rig for optics, would something like that work?
maybe?? I dont use one...ive looked at chest rigs but i feel like it would bother me and interfere with my draw. I know plenty people use them and draw their bow just fine so its obviously some mental hang up for myself...

maybe?? I dont use one...ive looked at chest rigs but i feel like it would bother me and interfere with my draw. I know plenty people use them and draw their bow just fine so its obviously some mental hang up for myself...
Im the same way. Dont want anything on my chest. But thought it might be an option to carry the steps, then take it off once in the tree. Just a though.

Shock cord on the end of the straps helps a lot! Make it longer than you think you’ll need. It seems like it will find a place to attach and remain tight no matter how Long the end of the strap is. My OCB strap remains attached to my platform (1-MONKEY BAR STEP on each side of platform) so I have 2 ends and they both have shock cord on them.

I use a bungee cord with a ball to wrap around mine, and one step has a small piece of paracord looped through it. I hook this paracord loop through this super fancy .29 cent plastic molle d clip thing that came with one of my first pouch sets I purchased. Easy enough to operate one handed. It's hooked onto the back of my saddle.

BT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_180908_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_180908_Gallery.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 33
Wrap it around my waist like a belt. OCB buckle. Haven't had any issues with it slipping but I haven't climbed with it all that many times. Otherwise it's in the MOLLE waist pack that holds my rappel line, tether, footloops, etc.

Most of my pack setups have large side pockets or water bottle pockets. Gear strap goes on one side. Squirrel steps on the other. I can reach back and access either without taking my pack off. I didn’t want to add any more weight to my saddle

Back