• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rut is starting, temperature will drop significantly overnight, I have tomorrow off from work.....

Big front, pre-rut and great moon for a few more days. I expect a bunch more bigguns gonna bite the dust over the next few days. Already seen or heard about a few in the last couple days. I cant get in the woods until Thursday unfortunately.

As I sit here in the rain soaked Timber of South Eastern PA I can attest that yes things are heating up as we are seeing Big Bucks actively layin' down sign, runnin' does n chasing off other Bucks for a show of dominance and territorial rights!
Just before 12 noon today a Big Buck was runnin' a smaller Buck out of the area.
I have off all week n am lookin' forward to a lil' trick or treat in the timber!!
Good Luck to all....

I hope everyone else had a great day hunting. I killed probably the biggest buck I've ever seen in WV (at least top 3 lifetime). And I did it on public land in a saddle. He's at the taxidermists now and cooling in my fridge. I'll have him scored. One life goal was to get a Pope and Young in WV on public land with no bait or other aids of that sort, and I think I did that at 8:15 AM this morning. I'm nearly certain that I had this buck on camera in 2019. He has a very distinctive claw crab point at one end. He's a 10 point with a 19" outside spread and 7 inch brow tines.

IMG_2247 (1).PNG

I had a lot of activity around and under my stand but nothing I wanted to shoot. I am starting to get a little bit of an itchy release aide finger though!!!

Thanks guys! I'm glad I was hidden behind the tree and wasn't looking at him hard. I honestly thought he was a medium sized 8 point until I walked up on him!

I didn't think he was dead because a smaller buck walked away from where he laid. I thought it was him. Nope, it was a little buck goring him while he was down and out! I'm gonna have to take that little sucker out too just because of the disrespect aspect.

I hit the top of his shoulder blade with a QAD Exodus and half the arrow disappeared. No exit though. He went 100 yards. Laid down once and the pool of blood was like a Hula Hoop size.

I had a lot of activity around and under my stand but nothing I wanted to shoot. I am starting to get a little bit of an itchy release aide finger though!!!

I added more below about how a little buck was goring him. That's rutty. I saw a medium sized 8 chasing a doe today also. The weather here is really kicking it up a notch.

Back