• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle info on TX5 reaper ??? Or ur fav saddle ???

Harleycharlie

I’m looking to get a new saddle , lots of new choices out there. So I figured this would be the best place to get the truth on what’s good , what’s great and what’s just okay. I started with the aero hunter evo. Then bought a kestrel that I still use today. I was waiting for the new aero hunter release, but honestly I don’t think I could deal with the lineman belt deal they have going on. Anyway I’m looking hard at the TX5 reaper. It would be great if someone with knowledge of a tx5 could share their thoughts. Good or bad. What u like about it or dislike. I’m open to any brand and think I would prefer to not have mesh. Thanks in advance for the help.

I’m looking to get a new saddle , lots of new choices out there. So I figured this would be the best place to get the truth on what’s good , what’s great and what’s just okay. I started with the aero hunter evo. Then bought a kestrel that I still use today. I was waiting for the new aero hunter release, but honestly I don’t think I could deal with the lineman belt deal they have going on. Anyway I’m looking hard at the TX5 reaper. It would be great if someone with knowledge of a tx5 could share their thoughts. Good or bad. What u like about it or dislike. I’m open to any brand and think I would prefer to not have mesh. Thanks in advance for the help.

My advice, keep your Kestrel. I started with a Kestrel then went through several saddles before I ended up back at a Kestrel. Aero got a lot right with that saddle.

Regarding the TX5 specifically, I haven't spent a lot of time in one but, the few minutes I did it felt very similar to a Kestrel.

Your gonna have to try some. No two rear ends are the same. Trying them is the only way to find one that fits you the best. Meet ups are a good place to start. Buy and sell off classifieds work as well.
The Kestrel is a solid saddle. Only real negatives you really see on here is weight and bulky. I think someone had a TX5 on the classifieds if it's still there.

@enkriss has a mesh reaper that’s very tempting…… but you mentioned not wanting mesh. A kestrel is shaped very similar to the TX5, biggest difference is the expand feature that allows the seat to adjust to leaning vs. sitting but has enough structure that it doesn’t hang open like the pleat diaper………

Thanks guys for the info.... The kestrel I believe to be an awesome saddle. I don’t really have any complaints. I think maybe when I bought it , I should have got the size 2. Aero hunter told me I should be using a size 1 with a size 2 belt so that’s what they built me. I have plenty of belt extra and when I run dump pouches it feels like they on my rear end. So that being said I don’t use a dump pouch anymore. Of course lineman loops seems to far to back on my side. Any way that’s the reason I wanted to try something new. Other than that I’m comfortable sitting, leaning or rappelling. Maybe a size 2 would have been a lil better.

Thanks guys for the info.... The kestrel I believe to be an awesome saddle. I don’t really have any complaints. I think maybe when I bought it , I should have got the size 2. Aero hunter told me I should be using a size 1 with a size 2 belt so that’s what they built me. I have plenty of belt extra and when I run dump pouches it feels like they on my rear end. So that being said I don’t use a dump pouch anymore. Of course lineman loops seems to far to back on my side. Any way that’s the reason I wanted to try something new. Other than that I’m comfortable sitting, leaning or rappelling. Maybe a size 2 would have been a lil better.

I did the same thing. I pre-ordered a size one Kestrel and wasn't completely happy with it. After going through several saddles I came back to a size 2 Kestrel and love it.

I will say TX5 LB loops are some of my favorite

I got a Reaper about a month and a half ago. I really like it.
I ditched the waist belt for a buckless rope like Latitude uses and I'm not a fan of the G-hooks for leg straps but that thing is super comfortable. It's put together very good!

You need to hang out in a Transformer and a Method and a.........

I got a Reaper about a month and a half ago. I really like it.
I ditched the waist belt for a buckless rope like Latitude uses and I'm not a fan of the G-hooks for leg straps but that thing is super comfortable. It's put together very good!

You need to hang out in a Transformer and a Method and a.........
Yeah I don’t think I would care for the Ghooks on the leg straps myself. From what I have seen they look very well made. Thanks for the info!!!!

Back