• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

sand? cast aluminum platform found on youtube

thedutchtouch

SH Member
my youtube algorithm just threw me this guy's video,
i commented there hoping he'll register here and share more info (the video is actually about "no stick climbing" using the platform and a multistep aider, not the platform casting), but hoping this guy joins the forum if he's not already here. Engineered Outdoors is the channel name. cool stuff, lots of random talented people out there.

Been thinking about casting one of my own, just to give it a try.

my youtube algorithm just threw me this guy's video,
i commented there hoping he'll register here and share more info (the video is actually about "no stick climbing" using the platform and a multistep aider, not the platform casting), but hoping this guy joins the forum if he's not already here. Engineered Outdoors is the channel name. cool stuff, lots of random talented people out there.
Hi Dutch,
I've been a member here for a few years. What are you interested in knowing about my platform?

Hi Dutch,
I've been a member here for a few years. What are you interested in knowing about my platform?
Good video @Trailcamaddict. Impressive casting of your own platform too!

I have considered this method before but have never tried it. If I wasn't such a wimp when it comes to using aiders I'd probably be doing this too. :tearsofjoy: I do like having my single climbing stick on the back side of the tree when I'm on my platform though.

Ah awesome didn't know you were on here, I just think the sand casting is really cool, do you have any videos or info to explain that part of it?

Ah awesome didn't know you were on here, I just think the sand casting is really cool, do you have any videos or info to explain that part of it?
I don't have a video yet; but I will probably do one this spring/summer when I do more hobby foundry work. In short, I designed it in Fusion 360 then 3D printed a form which was 2% oversized to account for aluminum shrinkage. Then I just used the form to create a green sand mold. I think I poured 3 before I got a good one. Watch for something on my channel - I'll try to get something up!

Back