• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SC buck on my Farm

khnc

Oct 29, 2020
Killed the biggest buck ive had pics of this year yesterday evening on my SC farm. Rattled him in to 27yds on a string. Not often you can get calling to work in SC in my experience. It was great! Snuck into an oak ridge along the creek , climbed up in my Cruzr!

Farm23-1.jpg

BigDur.jpg

Aug 12, 2023
Hey, Kenny! :grinning:

Congrats! Love the width!

What time did you get him?

Related to another thread on here elsewhere:

I reckon the seeking phase means searching behavior (wind checking, edge scenting, zig-zagging,etc.), chasing means actual chasing, and rutting means getting on it.

It's all the rut, but it's not all "rutting."

Reactions: khnc

Shapeshifter

SH Member
Sep 22, 2022
Very nice buck, congratulations. No better feeling in the world, knowing you were able to get it done.

khnc

Oct 29, 2020
Hey, Kenny! :grinning:

Congrats! Love the width!

What time did you get him?

Related to another thread on here elsewhere:

I reckon the seeking phase means searching behavior (wind checking, edge scenting, zig-zagging,etc.), chasing means actual chasing, and rutting means getting on it.

It's all the rut, but it's not all "rutting."
Hey man! My first rattling sequence was at 5p, no action . The 2nd was at 5:40. 5:43 I hear him walking along the creek bank on a line right for my tree! Dry leaves and 77 degrees made all the squirrels loud too, but I knew this was gonna be a big squirrel! lol

Reactions: Glenn

Glenn

SH Member
Apr 16, 2019
Fine specimen and some solid WTBD’n. Congrats!