• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ScentLok vortex

Chistavocat

Could anyone tell me the difference between the legacy vortex and the vortex? I can’t seem to find much about the legacy but scentlok’s weekly special has the legacy vortex for $38 and the vortex for $60. The descriptions are similar except the vortex does list (2) 180g fleece liners so are the legacy’s thinner, or an older model? I’m looking to purchase a set for my dad as a Christmas gift, and maybe myself , but not sure if I should go with the vortex or the covert. I have read the cold blooded is noisy and would rather layer than deal with noise. This would be for late season in cold weather (30 and below) I like the wind proof aspect, and the price of the vortex isn’t bad. Anyone have a temperature range they use these in? I would appreciate any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only difference is the logo. Otherwise they are the exact same garment.

I own both suits. Vortex is good down into 40s with layering. I like the covert for anything 40 and below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Legacy Vortex. They are soft and block the wind but, they are not heavy. I have worn them down to single digits with a LOT of layering. I agree with d_rek above, normal layering they are probably good to 40's.

Back