• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scrape?

donnieballgame

Wanted to see what the pros thought about this, it came from my brother in law up in NE PA. Looks like a scrape but it's really deep and pretty high. Bear? We do have black bears in the area Thoughts?
02c0de1620b7d7753155186b5707bd46.jpg
25e893fe6315533c4f02cedfce370692.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If that is a dead tree I would guess it is a bear hunting grubs not a deer rub. Rubs are almost always on live trees.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah looks like a dead tree. Not sure of the wildlife up there but I would guess coon or possum looking for insects. I don’t see marks from tines or claws to say deer or bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping its a huge bear that I can take a shot at hunting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just a guess without actually being there to see it but maybe EricS used it to scratch his back??
Ha and that tree has the perfect lean to lean back on and really do some scratching. I spent a week in the bushkill area but it was 11 years ago. Just like buck rubs it’s possible that I started that rub and some smaller guy with less back hair has been using it after I left. @huck72412 If you will put that little @ in front of my name when you are ribbing me there’s a better chance I will see it. That’s if your typewriter has an @.

Ha and that tree has the perfect lean to lean back on and really do some scratching. I spent a week in the bushkill area but it was 11 years ago. Just like buck rubs it’s possible that I started that rub and some smaller guy with less back hair has been using it after I left. @huck72412 If you will put that little @ in front of my name when you are ribbing me there’s a better chance I will see it. That’s if your typewriter has an @.
Lol, I'm bidding on a typewriter that has that symbol. That's funny right there sir.

Porcupine would be my bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83CF9B8F-A7CD-4FCA-BBB0-5BF012F1DFAC.jpeg And probably the most pathetic scrape I have ever seen. Ground is hard as a brick and all the buck could do was smear a little topsoil around

Back