• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sealed totes

Adrena123

Screenshot_20180216-104716.jpg Not sure if this is known but Iris makes the tote that scent lok sells. I got a 4 pack for $115.00 vs $80.00 for one scent lok tote. I keep my gear in large ziploc bags inside non (100%) sealed totes but now I bought these. They are nice and sturdy as well... thought I'd share.

View attachment 3973 Not sure if this is known but Iris makes the tote that scent lok sells. I got a 4 pack for $115.00 vs $80.00 for one scent lok tote. I keep my gear in large ziploc bags inside non (100%) sealed totes but now I bought these. They are nice and sturdy as well... thought I'd share.

I just was told about this about a week ago from @redsquirrel!!! These are an awesome buy and its kinda funny that if you put “scentlok” on the side it magical increases the cost. But on another note these totes are fantastic and i have two four packs on the way!!

Any plastic smell to them? I have one that looks exactly like them, only black. It’s been 3 years now and I still can’t get the smell out. Can’t use them for gear so it has become general storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any plastic smell to them? I have one that looks exactly like them, only black. It’s been 3 years now and I still can’t get the smell out. Can’t use them for gear so it has become general storage.

Left mine open for a week inside and the smell is pretty much gone.I will wipe them down in the months to come.I didn't see black ones on amazon , just brown/tan and green.

They are great. Bought some years ago from Gander Mountain, they were sitting on the shelf next to the ScentLok ones so I was able to compare, it was a no brainer.... Crazy how a label changes the price tag!!

I will wash them out with the my dead down wind bodywash or laundry soap works. Let it soak and then air dry.

Not sure if anyone has tried the vacuum storage bags. I had good results with them and less expensive than the plastic bins. I imagine that all are about the same so I am not recommending any one specific product, just to give you an idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Vacuum-Storage-Bags-Transparent/dp/B01MY3AJOL?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1
8 Pack Vacuum Storage Bags - Airtight Transparent Vacuum Seal Storage Bags for Home, Travel, Blankets, Coats, Clothes with Free Hand Pump - Reusable Space Saver - 2 Assorted Sizes

After I wash and dry my clothes, I vacuum seal it in storage bags. Clothes packs up tight and takes up less space in the luggage.

Y
View attachment 3973 Not sure if this is known but Iris makes the tote that scent lok sells. I got a 4 pack for $115.00 vs $80.00 for one scent lok tote. I keep my gear in large ziploc bags inside non (100%) sealed totes but now I bought these. They are nice and sturdy as well... thought I'd share.

Just in case you still have time I just placed an order and they have marked the 4 pack down to 80$ if you wna cancel and reorder!

I ozoned my ,totes this year than aired them. No plastics smell after that.

FYI-
These look just like the Remington weathertight 87qt totes.
They’re on sale at https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/r...t-all-storage-box/0000000202161?bc=Remington# for $20, normally $33.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/re...thertight-storage-trunk#repChildCatid=1186787

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-heavy-duty-storage-trunk#repChildCatid=3858528

These are the ones I’ve been having for years. It’s the same totes as scentlok also. Think I’m up to four of them now. I want to say they were on sale at academy for $15 at one time. I had made a post about it last year.
I've been using these for years as well. Work great just a little small. I'm happy with them though

Another thing to do is put your garments in anti-bacterial trash bags, and squeeze the air out as you twist them closed. If there are no pin holes, the vacuum effect will persist indefinitely. Sorry I can’t recommend a brand/source, but I know mine are white frost colored, very krinkly/noisy and tough. ‘And are perhaps polyethylene? Mine have lasted many years

Last edited:
Back