• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Seat belt webbing?

20ftup

I’m in the process of making a couple diy saddles and using regular mil spec nylon webbing for my “ frame”. I found my old hss tree strap it looks like seat belt webbing but it is more pliable and silky feeling than regular seat belt material. I know that regular seat belt what you find in your car is polyester. What is this other kind of seat belt webbing? Nylon? Looking for some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After doing some research it looks like it’s seat belt style webbing made from nylon instead of the standard polyester. Strapworks only sells it in 1in I need a little bigger. I found 1.5 and 2in from a place in Seattle. I think I’m going to use 2 in it will be strong and spreads out the pressure more.

You thinking SitDrag stye or Kestrel/Mantis clone?

My first larger sit drag was more comfortable than a stick sit drag. I didn’t mind the stick sit drag though either. I have plenty of material I’m going to make a mantis kestrel one next to see if that I’m prove comfort even more. After I decided which one has the most comfort I’m going to copy that design and switch out the cordura for mesh

There are a few threads on here about mesh Sitdrag creations. The concensus was they're pretty dang comfortable.

If it weren't for safety, I would have hunted from a Sitdrag for the rest of my life. When I started building them and recommending them, the audience was pretty much the saddle hunter forum and guys that were comfortable with DIY. As that stated to grow, I began to feel uneasy about the safety aspect.

That said, a SD with a RC Harness is just as safe as any system available.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

After doing some research it looks like it’s seat belt style webbing made from nylon instead of the standard polyester. Strapworks only sells it in 1in I need a little bigger. I found 1.5 and 2in from a place in Seattle. I think I’m going to use 2 in it will be strong and spreads out the pressure more.

I just bought polyester seatbelt webbing from strapworks.

I’ve used polyester seatbelt webbing and found it so be so slick that some buckles had a hard time gripping it. I think it was my cobra buckle the slack would work it’s way into my waist belt. Just something to think about and work through.

Back