• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Second/alternate uses for your hunting gears

I used my saddle and ropes to climb around on my roof hanging Christmas lights 2 years ago. Planned to leave em up year round... Which backfired this last year because one of the strings died somehow lol.

I use my MR popup as a general use backpack and air travel/carry on bag from time to time, and my k4 as a backpacking/camping bag, also somewhat loosely hunting related but I've dropped some dumbbells inside em and ruck up and down my staircase at home when I've got my kids and can't get out to hike to get in shape.

Jeopardize my scent eliminating capabilities or subject it to more UV exposure? No way man. My $1500 in camo gets vacuum sealed, and flash frooze in a deep freezer to prevent contamination. :rolleyes: ;)
J.k. wish I could use it to go ice fishing. But around here safe ice doesn't come often.
I will use the base layers to work out side if it's cold out. But anything else I would do would probably subject it to tears, oil, or both. Carhartts are cheaper to trash. Hold up better to.

Last edited:
Back