• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Self filming

Root

I would like to do a few self filming hunts. However I want to be as cheap as possible until I decide if it's something I like doing. Those of you that film what would got recommend? What camera? Camera arm or head mount or?

Don’t do this....

6e78ebe0f376be6f276c862df58e3274.jpg

Traded arms with a member here so he could cut one down. Took my fluid head off to send it to him......guess who was setting up last night and realized they hadn’t put the fluid head on the new arm??? Yep

Don’t do this....

Traded arms with a member here so he could cut one down. Took my fluid head off to send it to him......guess who was setting up last night and realized they hadn’t put the fluid head on the new arm??? Yep

Haha I for one would have no idea what a “fluid head” is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to do a few self filming hunts. However I want to be as cheap as possible until I decide if it's something I like doing. Those of you that film what would got recommend? What camera? Camera arm or head mount or?

I wanted a cheap setup to try this year also. I bought the following and after using it will probably never upgrade as it does fine.

Used Canon vixia hf 100 - $100 eBay
Hawk camera arm (comes with fluid head) - $70

I edit with the free version of lightworks or shotcut. The free version of lightworks only let's you export in 720p, shot cut let's you export in 1080 but has limited tools. There are several free versions of software out there though.

Don’t do this....

6e78ebe0f376be6f276c862df58e3274.jpg

Did I do this? Did I forget something? Or did you forget to reinstall? ****!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I do this? Did I forget something? Or did you forget to reinstall? ****!

Oh no, it was ALL me.....forgot to put my dang head on your arm. Pulled out my camera and........hmmmm, I don’t think this is gonna work too well.....

It’s all good. That’s most assuredly not the dumbest thing I’ve ever done

I'm shopping for cameras. Have you had any weather related issues with the Canon?

I'm shopping for cameras. Have you had any weather related issues with the Canon?

If this question was for me no I haven't but I haven't used it in the rain and since I just got it this year it hasn't been in really cold weather yet.

Back