• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Selling saddle

bowthwacker

Nov 13, 2015
I listed a couple of saddles for sale and have not had any interest. I thought these would be easy to sell. My question is to the experienced people on here. Is my price too high? $200. Or is it just time of year? I don't need to sell them, but ordered a Kestrel to try and figured I would atleast sell one to offset the cost to justify it with the better half. Thanks for your input

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al
I listed a couple of saddles for sale and have not had any interest. I thought these would be easy to sell. My question is to the experienced people on here. Is my price too high? $200. Or is it just time of year? I don't need to sell them, but ordered a Kestrel to try and figured I would atleast sell one to offset the cost to justify it with the better half. Thanks for your input

I don’t think those have much of a demand any more. The guys who are fans of them already have them and may pick up another for spares if it’s cheap. New guys looking for a saddle want the latest and greatest or real cheap like a sit drag to see if they like this style of hunting.
I could be way off. I haven’t followed those to know what they go for.

Reactions: Jefferson10940

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
I am finding the same thing. I would rather have a Kestrel and so would you. So we are selling our evolutions. The evolution is a good saddle but selling an evolution in a kestrel market is like selling an iphone 4 in an iphone 8 market.
I expect there will be more demand in August.

That said the value of an evolution will not likely drop much more but the Kestrel could if something better comes along. So the Evolution is good value for someone wanting to try a saddle. My sales pitch.
The old guidos web will drop in price when the new one is available. Old lone wolf platforms will drop in price when the new saddle hunter platform comes out. Maybe ameristeps will drop when cranford produces an alternative or when Bullman outdoors changes their design slightly.

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
Mar 10, 2016
I don’t think those have much of a demand any more. The guys who are fans of them already have them and may pick up another for spares if it’s cheap. New guys looking for a saddle want the latest and greatest or real cheap like a sit drag to see if they like this style of hunting.
I could be way off. I haven’t followed those to know what they go for.
Agreed, Kestrel or DIY. Trophyline/Guido's are going to be niche until something new comes to market.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
Feb 4, 2018
Western Pennsylvania
I sold 2 Trophy Line saddles in the last couple months. 1 was mine...a medium mesh. I had to drop the price to $125 (if I remember correctly). Didn't get interest advertised on here, but sold quickly on EBay.
The other saddle was my buddy's...neoprene, small, TL. Can't remember what it sold for... $150?? It sold in a heartbeat. Probably could have gotten $200.

bowthwacker

Nov 13, 2015
I sold 2 Trophy Line saddles in the last couple months. 1 was mine...a medium mesh. I had to drop the price to $125 (if I remember correctly). Didn't get interest advertised on here, but sold quickly on EBay.
The other saddle was my buddy's...neoprene, small, TL. Can't remember what it sold for... $150?? It sold in a heartbeat. Probably could have gotten $200.

Thanks. Maybe I’ll put them on ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jefferson10940

Staff member
Vendor Rep
SH Member
Feb 6, 2017
Exactly what they are saying the second the kestrel came out the second hand market for Trophy line drop by 1/2 easy. And then too boot yours are modified. I’m seeing any Trophyline to pull around $200 is in pristine, Unmodified condition. Mostly collectors interested at this point.
I’d be happy to get 250 combined for the 2 you are selling. And pay for some of your kestrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk