• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sharing Dump Pouch Patterns/Designs

BackSpasm

SH Member
Any of you guys out there making your own haulers/pouches. The first two I made are functional but not quite what I want. I think I need some elastic closure cord instead of paracord. I've been thinking of trying the tethrd attachment system too, maybe just making my own knock of sys hauler since the wait is so long now. Maybe I should finish my edges around the drawstring with grosgrain too? I am getting some wear there. Who has made one? Post some pictures!

If I could make an improvement to the sys hauler - id use a little beefier drawstring setup. Other than that they’re just about perfect. On the heavy side for netting but worth it because that stuff is gonna be bullet proof

Last edited:
I’ve made a dozen or so random sizes out of fleece. I use them hunting all the time, and find myself using them more and more in the rest of life. They hold up fairly well, and cost about 50 cents and 20 minutes to sew

This has been on my to do list for while...
No promises...but I will try to throw together a simple one for demo purposes over the next couple of days and get it on here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have left over material so I'm thinking of using pleated curtain holders. They are long and would stabilize the hanging pouch. There prongs are long so not worried about them falling

The only pouch I use is for my pruners. It’s about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long with two small loops of webbing on top, body made of nylon mesh (kite/mantis seat material)...
So it basically looks like a little trash bag, I clip to a plastic biner. If both loops are clipped it’s closed, pull one loop off biner to open. Simple, light and effective, and had materials from my saddle build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03d6427b9e5cbaa1cde1d74a35515596.jpg

You can kinda see them hanging in this pic. I’m in Alaska and not home til next weekend, but can show a better pic if anyone is interested. You can easily make one bigger, it’s not a super secure closure like a drawstring, but unless you are doing cartwheels on the way to your stand I’m not sure how you could drop anything out of it

03d6427b9e5cbaa1cde1d74a35515596.jpg

You can kinda see them hanging in this pic. I’m in Alaska and not home til next weekend, but can show a better pic if anyone is interested. You can easily make one bigger, it’s not a super secure closure like a drawstring, but unless you are doing cartwheels on the way to your stand I’m not sure how you could drop anything out of it

I am definitely interested in an up close of that whole system. Especially the pouches.

I’ve made a dozen or so random sizes out of fleece. I use them hunting all the time, and find myself using them more and more in the rest of life. They hold up fairly well, and cost about 50 cents and 20 minutes to sew
How are you attaching the fleece pouches to your saddle? Molle?

This has been on my to do list for while...
No promises...but I will try to throw together a simple one for demo purposes over the next couple of days and get it on here.

I accept your solemn word and promise that you will do this.

Not gonna lie, been trying to source a fleece pouch for a bit. Trying for USA made so if we can all harass @skell, maybe he'll start production soon! If anyone else has contacts with a sewing facility, send me the contact info or have them get in touch with me via my website. Really like my fleece pouches but I think even a simple design with molle quick attach would be an awesome product. I like non-bulky and quiet and these pouches like @kyler1945 shows above would work great. Don't make me go out and buy a Juki and start making these myself.

Not gonna lie, been trying to source a fleece pouch for a bit. Trying for USA made so if we can all harass @skell, maybe he'll start production soon! If anyone else has contacts with a sewing facility, send me the contact info or have them get in touch with me via my website. Really like my fleece pouches but I think even a simple design with molle quick attach would be an awesome product. I like non-bulky and quiet and these pouches like @kyler1945 shows above would work great. Don't make me go out and buy a Juki and start making these myself.

Right behind being a pilot, or a land surveyor, starting a company that builds custom climbing and hunting gear is third on my list of "what to do if things really go sideways in my life and I need to start over"

Do it @DanO !!

I think it would be pretty quick and easy to find someone stateside to do this. You're talking about dozens/hundreds to begin with. Seamstresses, upholstery shops, low end tailors might be good places to look for someone wanting side work. Then if you start moving them a bunch, you can look to get a commercial outfit to crank them out.

Right behind being a pilot, or a land surveyor, starting a company that builds custom climbing and hunting gear is third on my list of "what to do if things really go sideways in my life and I need to start over"

Do it @DanO !!

I think it would be pretty quick and easy to find someone stateside to do this. You're talking about dozens/hundreds to begin with. Seamstresses, upholstery shops, low end tailors might be good places to look for someone wanting side work. Then if you start moving them a bunch, you can look to get a commercial outfit to crank them out.
My local upholsterer who did my Wraptor said she is working 80 hour weeks non-stop. They are pretty simple though - how many would I have to sell to pay off the Juki?? lol
Ok - first two prototypes are only $350 - who wants to pre-order??

I am definitely interested in an up close of that whole system. Especially the pouches.

Not home till next Friday. Happy to share whatever you wanna see. Shoot me a PM. I’ll put the pouch on here and I’ll send you anything else

You know.... I was planning on folding clothes over lunch. Instead I ran the sewing machine. So thanks...

I'll provide more pics and details tomorrow over lunch. I've got to get back to work!
4c4b8034a51f5c7d8469f261f546358e.jpg
1e524397cddf496be2f56679bc84abbb.jpg
View attachment 13423

This is helpful, so you are installing the snaps yourself and making the molle attachments? I have been sewing mine in with buckles and I am not a big fan of the design I came up with so far to be honest. Do you worry about the snaps coming undone if it gets caught on something going up the tree. How do the pouches ride on the saddle with the placement of the horizontal strap.

If I were making them today I’d add the hookups like the sys hauler it’s genius. These were made before that, and I just used molle speed clips through the webbing.

445fdab14eec2271b5cd5f9a464da99c.jpg

These are nice!

Where are you sourcing the elastic cord and clamp pieces from?

Back