• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shikar Stick Standoffs

diywhitetail

I am having an issue with the standoffs on the shikar sticks turning when I stand on them. No matter how much I tighten them.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should move and turn some to bite the tree. Some stands offs are solid, others have wiggle room.

I had some problems with the mini, it seemed like if there was paint under the nut and washer it wouldn't get as tight as it should. Sanded the paint off and it seemed to take care of it

Also, it may be worth mentioning that I've had them stick to the tree when removing them and I've found if you lift the bottom of the stick away from the tree and turn the stick toward the side of the tree your rope comes around on it gives you slack and it's easy to remove quietly without raking the tree.

Yep. What @enkriss said. Use the standoff to tighten the knob. One hand turns the standoff the other holds the knob. It get's easier as you do it.

Loosen the thumb screw,turn the offset about 30 degrees,tighte n the thumb screw and then turn the offset back to level.It won't move.

I'm really impressed with every aspect of these shikar sticks.It takes a tiny bit of trial and error but they're about as close to perfect as you can get in my experience.I just wish he's come up with a scout platform that's big enough to turn to the weak side so both feet will fit sideways.

Thanks for the input guys. That worked. Seems that they will get better with more use. Made some Daisy Chain last night. Awesome sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back