• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shikar sticks rope/straps organization

Miztgrfan

I upgraded from the helium to the shikars this year and I can’t figure out a clean way to organize the ropes when stored. On my heliums I wrapped them vertically but not an option on the shikars. Any recommendations? TIA!

I take my ropes off and clip the end-loops on a carabiner and then daisy chain them to make it compact and not tangle. I store them in a pouch under the seat of my LWCG .5

when it comes time to hunt I clip the carabiner to the Molle on my saddle , release the daisy chain, and I can then take them off individually as I need.

I used 4 Shikars with swaider last year but added a wire aider on the bottom of them all this year from EWO. They still pack compact and way easier than swaider IMO

KYHunter, today I tried your suggestion as to taking my rope mods off my sticks clipping to a carabiner then daisy chaining them and it worked great. On my pack I have a some Mollie loops so I hooked the carabiner to one of them then took another carabiner (I'm using plastic one for this) and made a loop at the end of the daisy chain and hooked to another mollie. I made a compact setup that I think is going to work out great. I'll be able to do the same think you did when climbing making it easy to keep the amsteel ropes organized. Thanks for the tip.

KYHunter, today I tried your suggestion as to taking my rope mods off my sticks clipping to a carabiner then daisy chaining them and it worked great. On my pack I have a some Mollie loops so I hooked the carabiner to one of them then took another carabiner (I'm using plastic one for this) and made a loop at the end of the daisy chain and hooked to another mollie. I made a compact setup that I think is going to work out great. I'll be able to do the same think you did when climbing making it easy to keep the amsteel ropes organized. Thanks for the tip.
Happy it worked for ya!

Back