• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shout out to Tom Clum

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
I purchased a Sure Grip Trigger from RMSGEAR and I was having some trouble getting it to activate.
I called RMSGEAR to ask a few questions and Tom actually got on the phone. He spent a lot of time talking with me (2 calls) and is truly interested in helping me work out a few shooting issues (t-t-t-target panic, I hate to even type those words!).
I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Tom and to spread the word about RMSGEAR.
Great people!
https://rmsgear.com/

I purchased a Sure Grip Trigger from RMSGEAR and I was having some trouble getting it to activate.
I called RMSGEAR to ask a few questions and Tom actually got on the phone. He spent a lot of time talking with me (2 calls) and is truly interested in helping me work out a few shooting issues (t-t-t-target panic, I hate to even type those words!).
I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Tom and to spread the word about RMSGEAR.
Great people!
I haven’t heard of that style of clicker before, but found it pretty interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Great people!

Tom does seem like a good guy. I’ve spoke to one of his sons on the phone also back when they first came out with Solid Grip Trigger. They all seem like good people.

I didn’t have a lot of luck with the trigger. I really wanted it to work but just didn’t have a consistent enough grip. I ended up getting frustrated and went back to a limb mounted clicker. I hope you can get it to work for you. I really like the concept.

Last edited:
Tom does seem like a good guy. I’ve spoke to one of his sons on the phone also back when they first came out with Solid Grip Trigger. They all seem like good people.

I didn’t have a lot of luck with the trigger. I really wanted it to work but just didn’t have a consistent enough grip. I ended up getting frustrated and went back to a limb mounted clicker. I hope you can get it to work for you. I really like the concept.
The grip trigger is effected by the shape of your bow handle. A convex shaped handle is not conducive to allowing the thing to pop. My trigger is a medium size which seems to have too much lateral surface. Tom is sending me a small which will have a smaller footprint. Hopefully, the small won't distort it's shape when adhered to the bow handle.
I won't know if it'll work until I get the small.

I didn't really start this thread to critique the grip trigger, although I'm happy to discuss it.
The main reason for the thread was to give thumbs up to Tom and RMSGEAR. There is a lot more to them than this one product.
Tom Clum is well known in the world of trad bows. They have hundreds of stickbows in their inventory.
I was so impressed that Tom would spend 2 hours on the phone with a customer who he never met.
Class act.

Great people!
I had the same great experience when buying a Sage with 25# limbs. They spent a lot of time with someone who didn't have a clue about traditional archery.
Just got through watching another one of his Solid Archery Mechanics segments... I don't know much but his videos are helping me greatly.

I stop by RMSG almost every time I have to go to the Denver area. Tom, his sons, and staff are all great to talk with. I was in there a couple months ago, and Tom took some time to work with me on my shot. I offered to pay him for the three hours he spent with me, but he said he was happy to help a fellow bowhunter! So, I bought a bow from him to show my appreciation! Tom is a top notch human being.

Back