• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit Drag/Saddle Pouches

Tracker15

Guys

I'm new to Saddle Hunting and am working on tricking out my sitdrag. I'm going to have the MOlle straps on the back. What pouches do you guys like to attach to your saddles to carry your gear, ropes, caribeaners etc. If you have favorites can you please reply with links so I can find them and order some? Thanks

I don't like hanging anything off of the Sit Drag. I just have an elastic loop on one end to roll up the sitdrag into itself

I don't like hanging anything off of the Sit Drag. I just have an elastic loop on one end to roll up the sitdrag into itself

I use the same ones as you.:D Actually I loop my tether and loop my lineman and over my head/arm and go. I place my stand on my back first, so it doesn't interfere with removing my tether.

I bought four of the dump pouches thinking i'd use them on the sling. I did it one time, and won't again. Too loud and I won't utilize them. I keep everything in my backpack that I'm carrying anyway. The only way I could see them being functional for me is if I removed all padding from the SD, and used it with a belt like a fanny pack. I don't climb with mine or use it for anything other than a seat.

However, those dump pouches are fantastic for organzing gear. Mine are filled with stand spare parts/straps, ropes and webbing, etc. I use one for trail camera/SD cards, batteries, screw in mounts.

Try them out, and if you don't like em, you'll still use em for something else.

As soon as I can get my seamstress back at the house, I'm going to sew a camo fleece pouch with snaps or zippers that spans the whole length of the SD. won't add any weight and will be a great place to store ropes, tethers, etc.

Good idea. Just like the seat of your pants harness from summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea. Just like the seat of your pants harness from summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back