• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Small diameter trees - platform/ROS ?

Mag1

Quick question on hunting small dia. Trees. I have one spot where I will be up about 5’ in a 4” dia tree. I am thinking for this tree, a platform would work better than a Ros as there is not enough room to use an OC buckle and 2 steps let alone more. With the predator, I am thinking I’ll have to pull the standard strap for a rope mod. I have both. Is this about how you guys would hunt this type of tree? Or just bring the LW in for this hunt? I’m going to right on top of bedding. My thoughts where the saddle might be quite because it would be on for the walk in, just hang a step and platform from the ground, and slowly climb up. Any thoughts? Thanks for any input.

I knew I kept the LW for a reason.. lol. I think this spot will actually be good for the predator. I’ll have to see how I feel on the way in. Or I’ll see about the stand. It’s a typical overlooked spot, Diane look good from most perspective. It’s actually tucked up against an old deer farm to the east, so no access to the crop fields there, but there fence works like a funnel as well. Will sit the spot at least once to see what happens

Back