• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of climbing gear would you be interested in? My wife has been bugging me to thin out the gear closet and I could use a hand climber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of climbing gear would you be interested in? My wife has been bugging me to thin out the gear closet and I could use a hand climber.

Right now some oplux or similar lightweight rappel rope for my descent and a kong duck.

Ah, I wouldn't really consider those items "climbing gear." Everything I have is actually for trad climbing. Oh well, thanks anyway. Happy hunting!

Yall charging to much for these platforms. If you look around you can find a complete set for that price

What is a complete set?

Also I’m open to offers and suggestions VIA PM. Only ones I’ve seen are $160 and that doesn’t include shipping.

Sell it for what you want dude. $140 is a fair price. Brand new from LW they are 160 plus shipping. People are running into car dealerships telling them to lower their prices... if you dont see the value then go buy a chevy... haha see what I did there!?
Hope you sell it... free bump...

Im new to the game . I’m lookin into this or a predator. Pros vs cons?
It would lighten you up as your platform would be your climbing method. With a predator, you'd need to carry some other climbing method to get up the tree. Otherwise, its about the same, other than it would save you money to buy the one thing (LWHC) and not have to buy sticks and a platform.

Im new to the game . I’m lookin into this or a predator. Pros vs cons?

Pros. Cheaper, less weight, and Less bulk due to platform and climbing method all in one.

Cons. Maneuvering around branches. I’ve always taken pruners/saw. You can get around them but it takes a little practice.

Sorry , I’ve got a saddle and a set of mod’d set of hawk heliums , both of which I’ve bought off these classifieds.

just looking into something to stand On
As in should I get this hand climber or try for a predator platform?

Sorry , I’ve got a saddle and a set of mod’d set of hawk heliums , both of which I’ve bought off these classifieds.

just looking into something to stand On
As in should I get this hand climber or try for a predator platform?

I wouldn’t buy this just to use as a platform. However if you have the right trees in your area, to me, this is the best possible setup.

I wouldn’t buy this just to use as a platform. However if you have the right trees in your area, to me, this is the best possible setup.

Agree on both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back