• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Solid Ring of Step Option.

Mobile one

Vendor Rep
Heres a video I did to show the stability of the Bullman ROS. There has been some talk about side pressure not working well with these steps but as you see if you get the ratchet tight enough they are solid as can be.

Heres a video I did to show the stability of the Bullman ROS. There has been some talk about side pressure not working well with these steps but as you see if you get the ratchet tight enough they are solid as can be.
How has the ratchets held up? I bought one and was playing with it tonight. I agree rock solid once cranked down. Anxious to use it. Only small issue (which I just need to work on) was putting it on a tree that was not “round” but had “concaves” in which would allow a step to be a bit more loose than the others. However I don’t encounter those trees much if at all while hunting. But now I know what I’m looking for. And the people concerned about noise.....you can easily manipulate the ratchet alternating the spring levers and just make a click or 2 as you really crank on it. I think I’m leaning towards the ring of steps vs platform at this point. Thanks mobile one!

Only small issue (which I just need to work on) was putting it on a tree that was not “round” but had “concaves” in which would allow a step to be a bit more loose than the others. However I don’t encounter those trees much if at all while hunting. But now I know what I’m looking for!

I use the steps to climb not as a platform. I was climbing a maple that had a flat spot and I couldn’t put that step anywhere else because of gravity. As long as the pressure was straight down there was no issues. I had to get the strap as tight as possible so the step wouldn’t flip. It was not a problem but it did expose a limitation. I might carry a couple Cranford fold ups for tight spots like that.

Back