• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

source for thin dyneema/spectra thread?

raisins

SH Member
I'm finding thick threads but not fine in dyneema.

I'm wanting to cover my rest with a dyneema thread lashing. Right now, I'm using UHMW tape in 7 mil (0.007 inches). I'd like to keep around the same size or I'll have to re-tune my bow.

I guess this would be a TEX size of 30 or less.

just found this

Thanks, I didn't know that existed!

I'm starting to re-think my lashing plan. It's gonna take a lot of wraps to cover that using 0.007 thread. And the lashing can only be done easily with the rest blade removed from the rest. If something happens mid-season, I don't want to have to remove the rest blade and risk slightly throwing everything off (and then I'm tuning my bow in the driveway in the snow instead of hunting).

If I can find a UHMW tape with a good adhesive, then I'd settle on it.

Thanks, I didn't know that existed!

I'm starting to re-think my lashing plan. It's gonna take a lot of wraps to cover that using 0.007 thread. And the lashing can only be done easily with the rest blade removed from the rest. If something happens mid-season, I don't want to have to remove the rest blade and risk slightly throwing everything off (and then I'm tuning my bow in the driveway in the snow instead of hunting).

If I can find a UHMW tape with a good adhesive, then I'd settle on it.

Here is something that you might be interested in. It works pretty good.
Cir-cut Super Micro Fleece Pad - Bowhunters Superstore

Here is something that you might be interested in. It works pretty good.
Cir-cut Super Micro Fleece Pad - Bowhunters Superstore

Thanks. That's similar to what I've used before, but with a lot of shooting it wears down enough to be loud/change tune too quickly for me.

The dyneema/spectra wears like iron in comparison and is slick enough to be quiet. It doesn't mute a bouncy arrow as well, but I'm so underbowed that my arrow never moves around during the draw.

Maybe applied over a small band of location specific dampening material (like the Vaportrail felt strips or something)?

Maybe applied over a small band of location specific dampening material (like the Vaportrail felt strips or something)?

I've been using 7 mil dyneema tape (UHMW tape). The only issue is that my usual brand (Tapecase) has gone to a bunk adhesive (about like blue masking tape).

PS I can buy better tape from 3M, but they only come in long rolls and it gets really expensive fast.

Last edited:
Hercules or Spectra (Power Pro) fishing line is UHMPWE I believe or close enough for that application.

Thanks. That's similar to what I've used before, but with a lot of shooting it wears down enough to be loud/change tune too quickly for me.

The dyneema/spectra wears like iron in comparison and is slick enough to be quiet. It doesn't mute a bouncy arrow as well, but I'm so underbowed that my arrow never moves around during the draw.

I have used this tape before and it wears like iron. It is a teflon tape. It is .015 thick.

Amazon.com : Super Silent Adhesive Teflon Bow Arrow Rest SILENCING & Speed Tape Archery : Sports & Outdoors

I know you’re looking for a wrap but Dudley recommended and I started using a couple of years ago simple Gorrilla Brand duct tape on my Hamskea rest (Primer steel uncoated) whale tail. Stuff is super tough, wears like iron, is silent and it still looks new after hundreds of shots. Plus it’s relatively cheap. Not as far as tape goes but compared to rolls of serving thread and what not, it is. I just cut two pieces the length of each arm of the whale tail and snugged them down into the bottom of the v as much as possible. Of course be sure to wipe down the arms with acetone or 91% alcohol before applying the tape.

Back