• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Southern Snowmageddon 2024 Thread

gcr0003

SH Member
Checking in for the 2024 Southern Snowmageddon lol. We just got a bunch of sleet last night followed by some light flurries this morning. Not exactly the 5-7” they said we might get.
Had a nice cup of coffee and breakfast by the fireplace and then took a stroll with the dog behind the house. Lovely crisp morning with some flurries. Tried out this FL solitude set a bit and am pleased so far. We made it to the NICU and the sleet has started back, hopefully the road back won’t be too awful.

Whatchall know good?
EF3DB7CF-112F-4528-B2F8-11BE83E36887.jpeg6369F9F2-8697-4A28-BC87-DE691DB8CD60.jpeg1A0FCE7C-75B3-417C-8458-BF42FC01F03C.jpeg

Last edited:
we might actually get some snow tomorrow (not alot). im surprised they havent shut the state down....no joke once we get ice in forecast business and schools shut down when its just another day for the folks up north lol

Got a few inches here last night, 10 degrees when I got on the stand this morning, final day of season here in Kentucky! Headed back to the stand in a few minutes, hoping for a bit more freezer meat! Had on the Iwom xt this morning and was very comfortable in my saddle!
IMG_1897.jpeg

Got a few inches here last night, 10 degrees when I got on the stand this morning, final day of season here in Kentucky! Headed back to the stand in a few minutes, hoping for a bit more freezer meat! Had on the Iwom xt this morning and was very comfortable in my saddle!
View attachment 98562
You’re a straight up killer to tag that monster and be ready to hit the woods again the next day in the snow for a doe!

Thought about going out in the swamp tomorrow but the temp is forecasted 25F. Wading thru a swamp sub-freezing? Nah.

Then I thought, well I could walk in somewhere else? Low temp is 22F at 5am. Nah.

Kinda past the rut anyway so hunting mornings probably a waste of time.

I wonder how our deer react to such temps, too. Being so unusually cold probably stresses them more than anything.

Thought about going out in the swamp tomorrow but the temp is forecasted 25F. Wading thru a swamp sub-freezing? Nah.

Then I thought, well I could walk in somewhere else? Low temp is 22F at 5am. Nah.

Kinda past the rut anyway so hunting mornings probably a waste of time.

I wonder how our deer react to such temps, too. Being so unusually cold probably stresses them more than anything.
Yes, when the temps are this low, I plan to do an all day sit. An all day sit on the couch, lol.

Back