• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spurs mod

tider

Where is the best place to find load rated buckles for spur mod , was going to use these Instead of plastic.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. I’ve been looking at the cobra buckles. I think I’ll go with them over the raptor buckles. Kind of a middle ground between the plastic and the raptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Men's Tactical Belt Heavy Duty Webbing Belt Adjustable Military Style Nylon Belts for the top straps and cut them to length. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077D9BCS6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the bottom straps I used 1" webbing with AustriAlpin Cobra Buckle 7075 Aluminum Quick Release Adjustable TAN499 (1" 25MM). I bought these on this forum but they are available from several sights.

I used the tactical belt for the top too but I don’t like that i can’t tighten it easily. Have you found that as well? Or can you buckle up but then easily tighten it some how?

I used the tactical belt for the top too but I don’t like that i can’t tighten it easily. Have you found that as well? Or can you buckle up but then easily tighten it some how?
The more I use them the easier they are to tighten. They are not bad but it takes too hands, one to hold the top of the spur steady and one to pull the tag end. The lowers cobra buckles are much easier, probably because of the strap I used.

Back