• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Srt rope options

20ftup

Looking at ordering some rope for srt I really like oplux but the soft sheath durability worries me when using a hand ascender. Anyone have any issues with that? I use Samson ultra tech for tether and lb. I like it a lot just looking at more options in 9mm that I might not no about htp is nice stuff also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTP is stiffer than Ultra Tech & is also slightly smaller in diameter

I might go with the ultra tech than I believe it lighter and since the htp is stiffer the ultra tech is more packable.

I might go with the ultra tech than I believe it lighter and since the htp is stiffer the ultra tech is more packable.

The HTP is actually a little lighter

I love my HTP. I’ve been very tempted by OpLux and really love my OpLux tether and LB. But....for the same reasons you’ve mentioned, I’m sticking with my HTP for now. I actually like how stiff it is for the purposes of SRT.

Thanks for the input fellas. Going to order some htp tonight

Back