• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth Cam New 360 Cellular Trail Camera

There was a fence post near some oaks last year where it was driving me crazy which way to point the cam, I was 50/50 which path the deer were taking more often. I’ll admit this thing would’ve brought instant peace of mind, other than the fact the sun would have been blasting it from the south, wonder if you can turn off zones.

I really like the idea but knowing it’s a GSM product I am very skeptical. All I can think of is the infuriating phone calls to customer service after a month and it breaks.

There's a few instance where this would be worthwhile, be interesting to see how quickly the rest of the producers react. If the reviews are positive I may pick one or 2 up.

I really like the idea but knowing it’s a GSM product I am very skeptical. All I can think of is the infuriating phone calls to customer service after a month and it breaks.
What’s a GSM product? Under a conglomerate or something? Kinda like Feradyne etc? Where everything once quality as an individual company that gets bought out goes to heck??

I’m not posing this as an ethical question, more one in the vein of the SH Support Thread:

I know I WANT this, but do I and the rest of my family NEED this for me? See, I’m already the kinda guy to whip out a picture of a forkie I just got sent by my spypoint, drool at the dinner table over it, show it to Aunt Sandy who doesn’t look like she could possibly care less, drive my wife insane with questions about which tree that I triangulated around the same two travel routes I should sit in…
And somehow I’m still married with an increasing number of mouths to feed.
Which by the way, dear Mrs. DelaWhere, means I need to be in one of those trees for sure because venison doesn’t kill, butcher, and grill itself if jah feel me.
So what I’m saying is, I can’t ;) see this type of camera compounding my obsessions at all.

I’m not posing this as an ethical question, more one in the vein of the SH Support Thread:

I know I WANT this, but do I and the rest of my family NEED this for me? See, I’m already the kinda guy to whip out a picture of a forkie I just got sent by my spypoint, drool at the dinner table over it, show it to Aunt Sandy who doesn’t look like she could possibly care less, drive my wife insane with questions about which tree that I triangulated around the same two travel routes I should sit in…
And somehow I’m still married with an increasing number of mouths to feed.
Which by the way, dear Mrs. DelaWhere, means I need to be in one of those trees for sure because venison doesn’t kill, butcher, and grill itself if jah feel me.
So what I’m saying is, I can’t ;) see this type of camera compounding my obsessions at all.
I’ll help you out. You need it! Yes you do! BUT (<it’s big) you want to wait to see how reliable this will be. It would suck to spend the money and have to ask Stealth Cam for any kind of help.

I’ll help you out. You need it! Yes you do! BUT (<it’s big) you want to wait to see how reliable this will be. It would suck to spend the money and have to ask Stealth Cam for any kind of help.
Yeah that’s a sobering reality to these damn-cool cell cams. 2/4 of my “active” cell cams are paperweights for seemingly no reason, after working pretty flawlessly for over a year each, and one or both of those replaced other dud cameras. I just got another for Xmas, haven’t even set it up yet cuz I’m anxious about the issues I may have. Lots of hours already spent with customer service calls just to get pictures when I can’t go sit in a tree :sweatsmile:.
You’re right, I gotta hold out until I can see how they perform. Three or four of these could potentially give me almost complete visual access to the best parts of our property for deer AND people surveillance.

Back