• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth Strips or LWCG Slayer Tape?

CSBowHunt

I recently got a LWCG .5 stand and Double Step sticks and Im going to start silencing everything pretty soon. Ive used stealth strips for years but was eyeing the LWCG tape just wondering if anyone has any input... thanks guys!!

The slayer tape is nice when you first put it on and has nice grip. But its not durable at all. I highly suggest stealth strips over the slayer tape if you want it to last.

The slayer tape is nice when you first put it on and has nice grip. But its not durable at all. I highly suggest stealth strips over the slayer tape if you want it to last.
I have some of the slayer tape that is plain (non LWCG branded) haven’t tested it long term but I’d say you are correct in that it won’t last as long. But the flip side is you can remove it without the mess like stealth strips. Catch 22 I suppose.

No experience with slayer tape. I started using stealth strips before slayer tape came out and haven’t seen a reason to change. Great stuff. Especially for a klutz like me.

Another vote towards stealth strips…i had nothing but durability issues with the slayer tape. I liked the texture of the slayer tape but half way thru the season it was already peeling off and fraying. Ive got stealth strips that are 3 seasons old and still going strong.

Back