• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stopper knot

It would be at the end of my tree tether, which I suppose would be where I would have a carabiner for my harness, but I think with this setup I would still want a tail past my harness attachment, so I'll have a prusik for my harness connection and for my bridge. Until I figure out what height I want the tether to be for sure I want to have the freedom to adjust it. Am I on base with that at all, you think ?

If it’s for a standard tether, you want to tie an overhand on a bight at the tail and backup clip to your carabiner.

At the end of a rappel rope, the idea is that you won’t rappel off the end if your rope is too short

Double overhand stopper knot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh...I misunderstood your question. You want a stopper AFTER your backup clip in point at the end of the tether.
I don’t do one at the bottom. I just leave a good tail.

I do one at the top because I use it as a ‘handle’ to move the tether and I hang my bow on it

Double fisherman, figure 8 or sometimes a alpine butterfly(better used as a midline attachment point).

Back